Why does a swimming club or coach need insurance?

Insuring your swimming club can provide cover if a swimmer or member of the public is injured or if property is damaged or stolen. If you are renting facilities it could also be a requirement of the rental agreement, or if you are open water swimming it can be a requirement of the relevant authority.

The types of cover a swimming club may need are determined by the size of the club, its set-up and its facilities. For example, a small swimming club may just need public liability insurance, while if the club has employees, owns equipment or has a pool or clubhouse then they may also need insuring. If you are organising events, galas or races there are further policies, such as prize indemnity or cancellation, which we can advise you on.

A swimming coach or instructor who is not part of a club may want to consider a specific coaches’ policy – take a look at our coaches page for more information, or just give us a call.

If you would like help understanding your insurance needs, just get in touch