Skip to content

PERSONAL ACCIDENT & SICKNESS INSURANCE Ensuring support during injury or illness

Get a quote for your personal accident & sickness insurance

Why might I need Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance?

Personal Accident & Sickness insurance pays a benefit in the event of an insured person’s death, injury or illness. A policy can be taken out in the name of an individual, in which case the individual receives the benefit, or in the name of a company, in which case the company receives the benefit.

If you are a company with personal accident & sickness cover, your company will be paid a benefit if an employee is killed or unable to work, permanently or temporarily, following injury or illness. The company can then use the money in any way they wish. The most common use would be to pay sick pay for the employee or hire a temporary replacement. This kind of insurance is especially useful if your company has a generous employment contract as it will cover your sick pay costs. Alternatively, such insurance could be considered a perk of employment, with employees knowing they will receive money if injured or ill.

Get a quote for your adventure race insurance

Personal accident insurance thermometer

If you are an individual,, this kind of insurance provides an essential security blanket to your income, especially if you are self-employed. Imagine what would happen if you were injured and unable to work for a few months – how would you pay your bills, keep food on the table and keep your business running?

Personal Accident cover can be purchased on its own and can be less expensive than you might expect. Sickness or illness cover can be added, which will understandably increase the cost.

The policy can cover you for accidents or illness 24 hours a day or just for incidents that occur at work. The levels of benefits payable and the payment periods can be adjusted to suit your needs.

What insurance do I need to consider?

Every club, organisation, and race is unique, so no ‘one size fits all’ insurance plan or solution exists. Aside from personal accident & sickness insurance, there are some other recommended insurance options for your club, such as:

Public Liability

To cover the insured’s legal liability to compensate others for personal injury or damage to their property. Find out more

Personal Accident

Cover that pays a benefit in the event of an insured person’s death, injury or illness. Find out more

Cyber Insurance

Protect your systems, membership details and customer data against cyber threats and breaches. Find out more

Legal Expenses

Provides legal services and covers costs to defend or pursue certain legal actions. Find out more

Kit & equipment

A specialist kit and equipment insurance designed for the sports, dance and leisure industry. Find out more

Employers Liability

Cover should an employee suffer a work-related injury or disease, whether full time, part time or volunteer. Find out more

Event Cancellation

Compensate for any financial loss following cancellation, disruption, postponement or relocation. Find out more

Sports travel insurance

Cover for sports individuals including whilst competing with option to cover winter sports. Find out more

Read related articles

Interested in Mann Broadbent’s Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance?

Get in touch with us and see how we can assist your personal accident & sickness insurance needs.

What would you like to do?

Latest advice & news

Mann Broadbent Insurance logo

Honest & impartial sport, dance & leisure insurance

Mann Broadbent is part of the Sutcliffe & Co. group