Skip to content

BUILDINGS INSURANCE Solid coverage for property structure and integrity

Get a quote for your buildings insurance

What is buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance normally covers the main structure, outbuildings, walls, gates and the property owner’s fixtures & fittings. The level of coverage can vary greatly between different insurance policies, with some policies covering very little.

A common mistake when insuring a building is to insure the cost of its market value rather than the cost of rebuilding the property. Most buildings’ insurance policies are written on a reinstatement basis, which means the building should be insured for its rebuilding cost, including debris removal costs and professionals’ fees. Therefore, the insurance value and market value may differ greatly. Consideration in valuation will need to be given to construction, listing, location, etc. Alternatively, you may wish to insure your building on a first-loss or indemnity basis, which we would be happy to discuss with you.

Get a quote for your buildings insurance

Buildings insurance lightning

Most modern policies cover ‘all risks’, meaning everything except listed exclusions will be covered. Common exclusions include subsidence and terrorism, which you may have to request. If your property is high risk, such as unoccupied, the insurer may restrict coverage to ‘named perils’ such as fire, lightning, earthquake, and explosion.

What insurance do I need to consider?

Every club, organisation, and race is unique, so no ‘one size fits all’ insurance plan or solution exists. Aside from buildings insurance, there are some other recommended insurance options for your club, such as:

Public Liability

To cover the insured’s legal liability to compensate others for personal injury or damage to their property. Find out more

Personal Accident

Cover that pays a benefit in the event of an insured person’s death, injury or illness. Find out more

Cyber Insurance

Protect your systems, membership details and customer data against cyber threats and breaches. Find out more

Legal Expenses

Provides legal services and covers costs to defend or pursue certain legal actions. Find out more

Kit & equipment

A specialist kit and equipment insurance designed for the sports, dance and leisure industry. Find out more

Employers Liability

Cover should an employee suffer a work-related injury or disease, whether full time, part time or volunteer. Find out more

Event Cancellation

Compensate for any financial loss following cancellation, disruption, postponement or relocation. Find out more

Sports travel insurance

Cover for sports individuals including whilst competing with option to cover winter sports. Find out more

Read related articles

Interested in Mann Broadbent’s Buildings Insurance?

Get in touch with us and see how we can assist your buildings insurance needs.

What would you like to do?

Latest advice & news

Mann Broadbent Insurance logo

Honest & impartial sport, dance & leisure insurance

Mann Broadbent is part of the Sutcliffe & Co. group