Skip to content

OBSTACLE COURSE RACE INSURANCE Ensuring safety in challenging obstacle race

Get a quote for your obstacle course race insurance

Why do OCR event organisers need Obstacle Race Insurance?

As the organiser of an obstacle course race, it is important to protect yourself against a number of various legal liabilities, such as injuries to any participants or marshals.

Obstacle Course Race Insurance can also cover the cost of damage, loss or theft of equipment, money or stock. In addition, many event organisers protect their income and expenses by insuring themselves against event cancellation due to extreme weather.

Get a quote for your obstacle course race insurance

Obstacle course race insurance climbing rope

Why use Mann Broadbent for OCR Insurance?

Obstacle race insurance covers extreme events across the UK and beyond. We can provide event organisers with the peace of mind that they will be protected should the worst happen. Many of our staff are keen runners themselves, so they understand both the insurance requirement and the needs of the runner and event organiser, which means we can work with you to get the insurance you require at the right cost.

Mann Broadbent doesn’t offer online quotes because we prefer conversations. We also know that event organisers who can demonstrate a thorough approach to safety will benefit from cheaper premiums, and that sort of detail isn’t always clear from a ‘tick box’ online form.

We would be happy to discuss your event in detail; we especially like to hear from OCR companies that take their event planning and risk management seriously.

Will my standard travel insurance cover me if I compete in an obstacle race while abroad?

Obstacle races are not common enough for some travel insurance policies to cover the risk, so you might need to purchase specialised OCR insurance to protect you in any accidents.

Why should you get OCR insurance if events already have waivers?

Despite people signing waivers, they will still find a way to sue. 

Waivers also only protect the obstacle race organisers from being held liable in case of any accidents. They do not protect individual competitors, so getting insured’s still a good idea.

What insurance do I need to consider?

Every club, organisation, and race is unique, so no ‘one size fits all’ insurance plan or solution exists. Aside from obstacle course race insurance, there are some other recommended insurance options for your club, such as:

Public Liability

To cover the insured’s legal liability to compensate others for personal injury or damage to their property. Find out more

Personal Accident

Cover that pays a benefit in the event of an insured person’s death, injury or illness. Find out more

Cyber Insurance

Protect your systems, membership details and customer data against cyber threats and breaches. Find out more

Legal Expenses

Provides legal services and covers costs to defend or pursue certain legal actions. Find out more

Kit & equipment

A specialist kit and equipment insurance designed for the sports, dance and leisure industry. Find out more

Employers Liability

Cover should an employee suffer a work-related injury or disease, whether full time, part time or volunteer. Find out more

Event Cancellation

Compensate for any financial loss following cancellation, disruption, postponement or relocation. Find out more

Sports travel insurance

Cover for sports individuals including whilst competing with option to cover winter sports. Find out more

Read related articles

Interested in Mann Broadbent’s Adventure Race Insurance?

Get in touch with us and see how we can assist your adventure race insurance needs.

What would you like to do?

Latest advice & news

Mann Broadbent Insurance logo

Honest & impartial sport, dance & leisure insurance

Mann Broadbent is part of the Sutcliffe & Co. group